Ahoy there, me hearties!! We are going to embark on a post celebrating pirates. Hamlette is hosting a whole week devoted to pirates!! So, I thought I’d join by doing the tag. I mean who doesn’t love pirates! You can check out the prizes and tag here – https://hamlette.blogspot.com/2021/02/we-love-pirates-week-party-kick-off-and.html.
Let’s set sail!
1. What are your favorite pirate movies or books?
So many to pick from!! First, my favorite pirate book ever is Isle of Swords by Wayne Thomas Batson. Its amazing and includes everything from a pirate who wants to retire to monks who hid an ancient treasure. Treasure Island is another favorite. As for movies, I have two: Hornblower & the first PotC Curse of the Black Pearl. They are almost complete opposites of each other. 😉 Princess Bride being a runner up.
2. Who are your favorite fictional pirates?
Declan Rose from the Isle of Swords. He looks out for his family while combing the seas for his enemy. Also, Fin Button from The Fiddler’s Gun. She is brave and is able to pull off quite the disguise! I’m also gonna throw in Edmond Dantes. He has a stint as a pirate while hiding his newly found treasure. Wesley was also an interesting pirate.
3. What do you like best about pirate stories? (Themes, costumes, aesthetic, etc.) Hmm, good question. All of the above I suppose, (mentally said that in Bilbo’s voice). Although, I love the themes the most! Betrayal, Honor, Loyalty. Good stuff!! Aesthetics can be really cool too.
4. If you were going to play a pirate on the stage or screen, what would your costume look like?
To start, I’d need a pair of breeches with short ankle length books, preferably black & a hidden knife. Then maybe a loose fitting white shirt with a scabbard & belt of some kind including. To finish a coral necklace and a bandana.
5. What pirate ship would you like to serve on? The William Wallace for sure!! As it would be an honor to serve on Ross’s crew. I’d want a captain who ran a tight ship, yet showed kindness when needed. Although serving on the HMS Indefatigable hunting pirates, might also be fun.
6. Any favorite sea shanties or pirate songs? When I was little, I loved “The Pirates who Don’t Do Anything” song and that’s about it.
7. Have you ever participated in International Talk Like a Pirate Day? No, cannot say I have.
8. Would you like to go sailing on a real tall ship? Yes, I’d love to go sail around the world. I’ve only been on a boat maybe twice, but it seemed very relaxing to me. So why not take on a big ship! Not sure if I’d be brave enough to climb the rigging though. 😉
9. Have you ever learned anything about real pirates, or do you tend to stick to the fictional kind? Mostly stick to fictional pirates.
10. Why is the rum gone? Hmm, well I was supposed to guard it, but fell asleep and woke up to the rum being gone. I guess now I better go hunt for the rum or face the wrath of my superior. Wouldn’t want them thinking I’d stolen it.
Well that’s it folks! Hope you enjoyed that tag! And thanks to Hamlette for hosting!!
4 thoughts on “We Love Pirates Tag”
Isle of Swords sounds right up my alley! I’m always looking for more pirate books.
It’s an amazing book!! I read/listened it multiple times. The characters are just the best! Plus, its by one of my favorite authors.
Fun answers! My college roommates and I got obsessed with “The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything” and used to sing it together and dance around with our best imitations of a hornpipe because yeah, my roommates and I were the sort that loved VeggieTales 😉 Such a good song!
Thanks for joining the fun 🙂
Thanks! Sounds like fun! Your roommates sound amazing!! I grew up on VeggieTales. “The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything” was tied with “Barbara Manatee” as my favorites. 😉