Hooray!! Its the Tolkien Blog party! Last year I just kinda watched as it was my first year blogging, but this year I thought it would be fun to participate in the tag questions! So here we go!
First I wanted to thank Hamlette for hosting! Check out her blog post here to find other post: https://theedgeoftheprecipice.blogspot.com/2020/09/a-tolkien-blog-party-2020-kick-off-post.html
1. What Tolkien character do you think you’re the most like?
Honestly, I would have to say Bilbo as I am not a fan of big changes and prefer to stay in my comfy abode to read. Although with a little pushing, I can be convinced to explore the outside world 😉
2. What Tolkien character do you wish you were more like?
Hmm, that’s a tough one. After my reread of the LOTR last year, Faramir comes to mind. He has a lot of quality character traits that I hadn’t picked up on before like leadership, trust, resisting evil. So, yeah, that is who I’ll pick.
3. What would your dream home in Middle-earth be like?
I am conflicted with this one. I would love to live in the shire, but I think I’d also like to be in view of the mountains. Ah, I know, I would live in Rohan!! You get the mountains and a land known for their horses. Perfect!
4. You get to make a movie of the story of Beren and Luthien! Who do you cast as the leads? I think Emily Blunt would make a good Luthien, she could be very elf like & mysterious *cough* Mary Poppins 😉
Now for Beren … oddly enough Chris Evens comes to mind. I think he could be a good Beren. I’m thinking of his role as Captain America. He goes out and gets things done. So I could see him playing a character who risks his life, several times, for the one he loves.
That’s who I would cast. Kinda fun to pick and choose who you would cast for a role, especially since no one has ever attempted The Silmarillion.
5. Have you ever marathoned the LOTR or Hobbit movies?
Yes, I have done so a couple times. Before The Battle of Five Armies came out we watched the first 2 Hobbits over the course of a day. It worked really well! Then a couple years later, we marathoned the movies over several days. You pick up on certain details that I miss when I watch them separately.
6. Do you have a favorite song or track from the movie soundtracks by Howard Shore?
I love the “Concerning Hobbits” soundtrack, but I also really like “The Misty Mountains” song. Oh, cannot forget “The Last Goodbye”!! So many good songs to pick from!!
7. Which of Tolkien’s characters would you like to be best friends with?
Either Legolas or Samwise. Legolas becomes Gimli’s friend overcoming some prejudice and they become so close! I always loved their friendship, but I love Samwise’s loyalty!
8. Who of the people in your real life would you want in your company if you had to take the ring to Mordor?
I would have to say my siblings. We all each have are own skill set, although not really any survival skills, 😉 but I think it would be like a fun road-trip.
9. Have you read any of Tolkien’s non-Middle-earth works?
Yes, I have read several: Roverandom, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight – which I think Tolkien translated, Farmer Giles of Ham, Leaf by Niggle & Smith of Wooton Major.
10. Is there a book by Tolkien you haven’t read yet, but want to?
Yes, I still want to read Beren and Luthien & maybe The Children of Hurin.
Well, that is it!! This was a lot of fun! Nice to have a break from the normal blog posts and do something fun like a blog party!! What are your thoughts on the tag questions?